Monday, September 24, 2007

Mozzarella

This morning I made mozzarella! Yes...I finally got around to doing it. Yesterday, dad & I went over to Janet & Don Benson's dairy and got 2 gallons of raw milk...and I had previously ordered all the ingrediants I needed to make mozzarella (citric acid, animal rennet, cheese salt, cheese cloth, a thermometer). I followed the recipe from Barbara Kingsolver's book, which comes from the "Cheese Queen"-Ricki Carroll. (http://www.cheesemaking.com/). Here's the final result...delicious..I think it will be used for Pizza Margherita tonight!

1 comment:

audrey lasalle said...

holly, that is so cool. i made her recipe for vegetarian chili yesterday and it was really good. i added a few things different but colin and maile loved it. i'll call you in the next couple of days to see how you are! lovins..