Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday Happenings

So...I know, it's been a long time since I last blogged. Sorry! :( But I am back at it. Here's what has been happening in my life for the past few weeks. James & I went down to NC for a week to help his Grandma Hammond. She is 84 years old and lives by herself on a farm. Her farm consists of a house (built by her husband & his brothers), a tiny little guest house (also built by the guys...which housed both of Grandma & Grandpa Hammond's mothers), 2 tobacco barns, a packhouse, a smokehouse (where they used to smoke their ham), and a quaint pond which is stocked with fish. Grandma Hammond is still very much interested in keeping her place up, so we were able to help her mulch with pine straw, wash windows, weed, and do a little cooking! We had a great few days.
We left Grandma's and headed towards the beach, where James's parents live. His Granny Hill is staying there for awhile, as she has some health problems as of late. Anyhow, we pretty much relaxed, ate a lot of food, and discussed life with each other! We had a great time minus the fact that James had a severe headache and fever for a few of those days.
After nursing James back to health, I went back to work at the Grooming Salon this week. I have put in some pretty long days the past few, but I really enjoy working with Susie (the owner) and we get some good laughs out of many of the dogs! The weather has been nice (50's & sunny) but with chilly mornings (got down to 18). I soak up all the sunny days mother nature will provide and am appreciative of the changing seasons.
Speaking of seasons....I hope that you all have a peaceful & joyous season. I wish I were able to see more of my family, but those of you reading know that I love and miss you!
Much love...Holly

No comments: