Thursday, December 20, 2007

3rd Chicken Saga Update

So I know, I might be a little carried away with blogging about unnecessary details, but I thought it imperative that you all should know the latest in the chicken saga.
The day after I blogged about the good news.. (the black hen being alive) a terrible thing happened. James's nurturing thought turned out to be to the black hen's demise. Yes, that's right, that crafty, nasty hawk saw the black hen in her pen and killed her. I know....I could barely believe it! Although, we were so sad and shocked by her death, we were a bit relieved when we saw the white hen stroll up that same day. We didn't make the same mistake of closing her in the pen...and she is still around to enjoy life as she knows it.
So that's it for now...hopefully I won't have to post a 4th update on this drama, but you know you will hear about it if anything does happen!

No comments: