Friday, August 24, 2007

The Pace of My Days

Today while peeling peaches over the kitchen sink, something caught my eye out the window. When I realized what it was, it made me start to think about the pace of my days and how much my environment has changed. What had caught my eye was a small yellow butterfly...crazy I know, but what a wonderful thing to be able to notice. Not a person, automobile, noise, but a beautiful little creature. The peace of wild things...I am starting to understand that phrase through the experience of solitude with nature. Life here is slow, steady, and peaceful-a necessary change for my spiritual well-being. I look forward to the small experiences of each day, whether it's weeding, feeding the chickens, canning, etc. and am grateful for all that I am able to accomplish. So today I I have gratitude for that litte butterfly who caught my eye.


2 comments:

JH said...

sweets,

you're so precious. . .i love reading your blog and hearing about your life and what it now holds. i long for the days you are now experiencing:) beautiful photo, too.

love you,
jess

NABR said...

Beautiful... Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you have found a place to live slowly, simply, peacefully, quietly. I miss you but it helps to know that you are *where you belong*... Love to you, Natalia