Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Fresh Market

I have a job here in Aberdeen...I finally got around to applying to a few places and I took the first one that called. I am working at the Fresh Market..which is a somewhat upscale grocery store..similiar to Trader Joe's but more full-scale...and supposedly gourmet! :) After discussing my background with the manager they decided to put me back in the bakery. Which I thought would be a perfect fit..since I have experience and I truly love to bake! Well...the first day of work I figured out that they don't actually make anything from scratch or mix, but rather pull all their treats and bread from a freezer. What a surprise....and a bit ironic since it is called the "fresh" market. So my job these days is to put stuff in and out of the ovens, bag & package breads, and smile and act like all the gourmet treats are fresh. It's a simple job, and will work perfectly for a part time job...but hopefully one day I will be able to have my own truly "fresh and gourmet" cafe! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi holly and James,
I've enjoyed reading your blog. thanks for keeping it up to date. i love the pics of the house but sorry to hear the reality behind the fresh market (not much of a surprise though). I've been so busy. I'll be home painting today so i'll give you a call in a little while.
take care,
Bridget

audrey lasalle said...

girl, i never got your email about your blog site...you little stinker. i saw cass today and she told me what it was so i did a little search...and found you sugar shack!!

love - aud

DeAun Nieto said...

Hey, Holly I don't know if you remember me but I used to baby sit you and work on the farm way back when in Willcox. I hope you are doing well. I was bored at work and on the internet trying to see how all of you were doing and found your Blog. Take care.