Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tomato Staking


Our 1st tomatoes before the staking & stringing

James with the end posts

Drivin' em in! (sisters...notice my sun protection!)

Action photos

Getting my string on. Handy box ties right around the waist for ease!

On a side note, you might have noticed a wardrobe change (ie, hat & shirt) from the 1st picture and the last. This was due in part to an injury James sustained while driving in the stakes. We were staking the 2nd row, when I heard James yell my name really loud. I turned to see him with blood all over his head and hands. I proceeded to, within seconds, take off my shirt and press it against his head. It was a sight. Me without a shirt on in the middle of the field and a bloodied James. All ended up fine-the stake driver had got hung up on the stake and hit him on top of his head. It wasn't as bad of a cut as I thought and 30 minutes later we were back to work-me with a new shirt and James taking it easy with the stringing! :)

2 comments:

Katie and Jaimee said...

Lovin the sun protection, sis! Well done. Sounds like a bit of drama out in the tomato fields!!;) Glad James is okay - can't wait to see you guys.
tator

JH said...

oh wow, sharby. . . glad james was ok. that sounded kind of scary. and glad to see you are puttin' the hat to use. love you!