Monday, June 23, 2008

Harpers Ferry...we are half-way!

June 23, 2008 & we are in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. We are out of the VA...yeah! Harpers Ferry is the psychological half-way point of the A.T. & is where the Appalachian Trail Conservancy headquarters is. We are picking up a maildrop, eating breakfast, & heading on today...through Maryland (40 miles) & into PA. There are around 230 miles of PA...and it's supposed to be quite rocky :( I will be picking up my second pair of shoes at the local outfitter...which I am excited to retire my Asolo Atlantis...they have served me well, but are definetly through! :) Keeping it brief as we are hungry and going to go get some much needed breakfast...by the way James has lost 6 pounds & I have lost 13 pounds! Try to picture it because I can't download any photos :) Until next time...Share

3 comments:

audrey lasalle said...

we got our postcard today..maile loved it and it is up on her wall.

Julie said...

Hi Holly-
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so impressed! Half-way, huh!
Very impressive!
Thanks for the update. Now we need an update on the length of Jamie's beard. :)

Anastasia Brewster said...

Congrats on a lot of miles! Are you with Jamie everyday all day? How is that? What do you talk about? How is this experience shaping the way you think about the world? What's your favorite section of trail so far and why? Just a few questions to post about when you're not rushed at an internet cafe.

Fun to check in on you guys! Happy trails.