Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mile 461

Yes that's right we have hiked 461 miles as of May 10th. We hiked into Damascus, Virginia this morning...waking up at 5:30 a.m. to hike 10 miles in 3 hours. The day before we hiked a record 22.7 miles in one day! Quite a day...but it felt like a real accomplishment! Hiking & being out in the woods has been amazing, but James & I both feel like we could do with a little less people contact. Although you wouldn't think that would be a problem...there are actually a lot of people out on the trail. So we are doing our best to stay out of towns & camping away from large groups. Another small detail of the trail is I cut off all of my hair...that's right. It's what some might consider a "pixie cut". I was tired of all my hair getting so hot & greasy on the trail...so I went into a hair salon in Hot Springs, NC & told the lady to chop it all off...and she did! :) It's practical & am told that's its cute...but I'm still getting used to looking at myself in the mirror. Well my time at the internet cafe is running out...so I guess that's it...until next time!
Share

No comments: